At MirrorMePR, we are lucky enough to be able to bring our dogs to work and were proud sponsors once again of National bring your dog to work day, so are there any rules to adding some canine juniors to office life?
Here at MirrorMePR, we have a few top tips that we’ve collated to ensure your colleagues and your collie hit it off…
- Be respectful of people’s workspace. Whilst you might love the fact that your dog wants cuddles, not everyone will love being jumped on or their tights being made into fishnets courtesy of your dog scrambling up their legs and in their face.
- Don’t let your dog ‘food stare’ your fellow workers when they are trying to eat their lunch at their desks. Keep your dog next to you and if you have a food thief in your midst, make sure he is not allowed near the kitchen or the bins and ask fellow workers if they would mind kindly not using their desk bin for food waste.
- Use your breaks to walk your dog NOT surf the net, especially if you insist on your dog staying in his bed at your desk – fairs, fair and remember he will need regular toilet breaks too!
- Keep a bowl of water out for him but not somewhere where people are going to trip and slip over! Remember to avoid under your desk, electrical cables and water are not a good mix!
- Bring a fresh, clean towel to work in case your dog gets wet in his lunchtime walk. We haven’t met anyone who really loves the smell of wet dog, so a quick towel dry should make him a bit more presentable returning to the office.
- Be careful of territorial dogs in the office place. Whilst you might like your house guarded, you don’t want someone coming over to borrow your stapler as a potential threat. The same goes for couriers and the postman.