Looking stylish and feeling cool as temperatures rise is easy if you follow a few simple style rules…here are our top seven tips for looking great in, and out of the saddle…
- If your budget doesn’t allow for a new summer wardrobe, shop clever by adding a pop of colour into your riding wardrobe in the way of accessories or one garment and match with your horse’s saddlecloth and bandages for the ‘matchy-matchy’ look, which is huge for this season.
- Like to wear gloves but hate white hands and glove lines? Then Roeckl gloves from Dressage Deluxe are perfect and allow some sun rays through but also offer some protection against harmful UV rays.
- If you need a new hat, opt for the new style helmets with clever air vents – these really do keep your head cool and minimise hat hair! If your head still gets sweaty when you ride, wear your hair in a different parting such as to the side so that after riding you can flip it back into your normal parting and find that you should have a bit of bounce as opposed to having it stuck to your head!
- Choose clothes with technical fabrics. Keep and eye out for breathable and quick drying properties as well as clever style details such as mesh air flow panels like a gorgeous competition Libertine shirt by Equetech.
- A cool cotton shirt not only covers arms from the sun, but is far more flattering than a T-shirt. Classic, but never out of style.
- Keep feet and legs cool by changing out your leather riding boots after riding. Not only will this extend the life of your boots but help cool you down. A fresh pair of socks and a change of footwear will instantly make you feel cooler after riding in the heat.
- Choose a good supportive sports bra and underwear which is comfortable and seamless. Underwear is the ‘foundation’ to your outfit, so get it right and the rest of your outfit will work wonderfully!