It’s wedding season once again and having family, friends and your best man or lady is key to your special day, but what about your pets?
Cute ring carriers aren’t little page boys or mini bridesmaids anymore, as there is an emerging trend for your beloved dog to be part of your special day (with the venue’s permission of course)! From carrying your ring down the isle through to adding that finishing touch to your wedding photos, well as part of your family we think they should be included! Here at MMPR, we’ve had dogs and even a horses attend weddings, although the latter was a bit big to walk down with the rings, and unless any of your guests are animal allergic, everyone seemed to embrace the idea!
In fact, there are even wedding wear specialists for dogs to ensure they look their best – however no one wants to upstaged by their dog on their wedding day, so probably best to keep their outfits simple and more tasteful/less fancy dress!
Here are our top tips for including your pet on your big day..
- Make sure your pet has plenty of opportunity for toilet breaks. That gorgeous floor to ceiling floral display won’t be only catching your guest’s eye!
- Nominate someone to look after your pet for the day – the last thing you will want to be worrying, so ask a family member or friend if they can take care of your pet and have a quiet place where they can lie down for some quiet away from all the hustle and bustle.
- Remember most people like to drink at a wedding so as the day progressing into the evening, retire your pet from the festivities to ensure he or she isn’t stressed or trodden on!
- Ensure your pet is friendly and relaxed in noisy crowd environments. You don’t want your guests to end up in A&E!
- Check that you guests don’t have a phobia or allergy to your pet – again safety and enjoyment for all your guests including your pet is a priority!