9 Things Only An Equestrian Will Understand
There are certain things that you can ONLY appreciate if you are an equestrian. In this blog, the MirrorMePR Equestrian Team share their favourites.
- When you are driving in the car, spot an open field and think that would be a great place to have a gallop.
- Your dinner: Chocolate/crisps and a glass of wine. Your horse’s dinner: The finest blend of herbs and grain, complete with a variety of carefully selected supplements, apple and carrots and finished off with sweet hay.
- Your horse’s haircuts take precedence, and he also has better shoes than you.
- The fact you actually really love the smell of horses. A love sadly not generally shared by your fellow shoppers in Waitrose or your partner on your return home from the yard.
- You take pride in your horse’s bed. Beautiful banks and poo free. It’s fit for a King or Queen. Your bed and house, however, are a mess.
- Getting up at 5 am to head to the yard, muck out, feed and turn out then grooming, riding, feeding and skipping out is a pretty good equestrian workout. And don’t even mention the field poo picking and muck heap tidy up at the weekends.
- Diamonds might be a girls’ best friend, but a diamanté browband on your best friend is even better.
- Bathing your horse then bringing him in the following day, covered in mud and stable stains makes you sad.
- Owning a horse is an emotional rollercoaster; however, we wouldn’t want it any other way.