As horse riders and owners, the Equine PR team share their top 5 favourite things that they LOVE about the winter season…
- Digging out our favourite winter warmers for both the horses and us!
- Tucking our horses up in bed in a nice dry, cosy stable for the night.
- Clear sunny days for lunchtime winter hacks and schooling.
- Making the best of bad weather by taking all your tack apart and cleaning it thoroughly with a steaming hot cuppa.
- An excuse to hit the pub to warm up after a chilly morning spent at the yard.
And…5 REASONS WHY WE HATE WINTER?
- Taking an extra 10 minutes to get dressed again after going to the loo at the yard. Is there a world record for the most layers that can be physically worn in the saddle? If not, we need to start to submit our entries.
- Attempting to navigate a safe passage across the frozen rutted fields.
- When the label said waterproof, it didn’t mean torrential rainproof.
- Wet derrieres from horizontal rainfall following you all the way home.
- More time in the stable instead of the field = more fun and games under saddle (for him, not you).
For another winter equine related blog, you might enjoy reading Top Tips For Looking After Your Horse This Winter .