We’re not going let lockdown stop us celebrating this important day with a few of our favourite homemade cocktail recipes! Our Luxury Lifestyle Team share three of our favourite tipples. And yes, we know its mid-week so we’ve included a delicious non-alcoholic treat too!
Easy to make, this cocktail is simple and sophisticated and perfect if you are living with house mates. Courtesy of the BBC Good Food Guide
What You Need:
- 200ml/7fl oz each vodka and Cointreau
- 600ml cranberry juice
- 400ml orange juice
- strips of peel from 2-3 limes
- crushed ice, to serve
1. Pour the vodka and Cointreau into a large jug, then add your cranberry juice and orange juice. Stir well.
2. Pare strips of peel from 2-3 limes. Fill your glasses with crushed ice, then pour over the cocktail. Finish each glass with a strip of lime peel if you are feeling fancy. This recipe is enough for 12 drinks so you can get a couple of rounds in before the clock strikes midnight!
So delicious that we are wondering if it’s wrong to follow the full recipe even if we only live with one other person?
Skinny Coconut Margarita
A lower calorie margarita? I should ‘co co’! Yes, we love this recipe from With Salt & Wit.
What You Need:
- Lite Coconut Milk (from the can)
- Tequila Blanco
- Triple Sec
- Coconut Water
- Fresh lime wedge, to serve
- In a shaker, combine the coconut milk, tequila blanco, triple sec and coconut water. Shake until combined.
- Pour into cocktail glasses with ice.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
A delicious clean flavour with a kick!
Berry Berry Nice!
Got a 9 am conference call booked tomorrow morning with your boss and work colleagues? No problem, we have a delicious non-alcoholic cocktail for you from Wife Mama Foodie
What You Need:
- ½ cup honey, coconut/raw sugar, or another sweetener of choice
- ½ cup purified water
- 1 tablespoon Culinary Lavender (we used Lavender essence)
Lavender Simple Syrup:
- To make the syrup, combine your sweetener, water, and lavender in a small saucepan. Mash lavender buds to release flavour (we added a few drops of Lavender essence). Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sweetener dissolves and mixture thickens. Remove from heat and strain out lavender buds. Let cool. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- In a tall glass, add lavender syrup, blueberries, mint, and lime. I like to use frozen blueberries to make the drink colder, plus it releases more colour than fresh blueberries. Use a muddler or a wooden spoon to mash the flavours from the lime, mint, and berries. Add a handful of ice and then top off with sparkling water. Stir the drink and garnish with extra mint, lime slices, and a few berries. Serves one.
Sweet, refreshing and very moreish! Plus you won’t have a hint of a hangover tomorrow morning!
All you need to do now is pre-book in a Zoom or Face-time call with the girls, and you can enjoy cocktail hour in company! Enjoy!